At The Humble Hare, we take sustainability very seriously. We believe that it is not just a buzzword, but a crucial aspect of our mission statement. We understand the impact that our actions have on the environment and we want to make sure that we are doing our part to minimise it. We believe that sustainability is not just a trend but a responsibility we all share. It is our collective responsibility to ensure that we preserve our planet for future generations.
By prioritising the environment in our business practices, we hope to inspire others to do the same. We believe that it is important to set an example and lead the way in promoting environmentally sustainable practices in the industry. We are committed to making a positive impact on the environment, and we want our customers to know that they can make a difference too. We believe that by working together, we can create a better future for the planet.
Here are some of the ways we are trying to make an impact:
- We work with local businesses to take their unwanted boxes and recycle these in-house to use as packaging, ensuring our customers receive their beautifully packaged parcels safely. By doing this, we not only reduce waste but also support local businesses, which is an integral part of our ethos.
- We keep our footprint to a minimum by sourcing British suppliers for nearly all our products. By doing this, we reduce our carbon emissions and support local businesses.
- We use compostable greetings card and note card packaging, which is better for the environment than traditional plastic packaging. We also use FSC-approved greetings card paper, which means that the paper is sourced from sustainably managed forests.
- Our manufacturing operations are streamlined to be as efficient as possible, using minimal consumables. By doing this, we reduce waste and save energy, which is better for the environment.
- Our product packaging is handmade in the UK, both ribbons and tags. The tags are FSC-approved, and we encourage our customers to repurpose the ribbons, either to regift or use as packaging themselves, decorate their plant pots with them, or use them as hair ribbons in their children's hair, etc. By doing this, we reduce waste and promote sustainability.
- Our products are designed to stand the test of time and are hardwearing, with the purpose for long term use and not as a throwaway product. By doing this, we reduce waste and promote sustainability.
- Our marble platters are multipurpose and have multiple uses, such as a cheese board, chopping board, serving platter, pet food mat, splashback, or candle stand. By doing this, we promote the concept of reuse and reduce waste, which is better for the environment.
The Humble Hare is a brand that is just at the start of its journey, and with that comes a lot of exciting potential. While we take pride in creating beautifully crafted products, we are also mindful of the impact our brand has on the world around us. As we continue to grow, we want to challenge ourselves to do more than just create stunning products. We want to make a difference in the world by promoting ethical and sustainable practices in all aspects of our business.
By doing so, we hope to not only create a better world for ourselves but for future generations as well…